Monday, January 07, 2013

France Day 4-Chateau de Vincennes and Parc Floral de Paris

Chateau de Vincennes and Parc Floral de Paris are located in the Bois de Vincennes (Vincennes Forest), a park three times the size of Central Park and located on the east end of Paris just outside the Périphérique.

I rode Metro Line 1 just four stops to the eastern end of the line which landed me at the 14th century Chateau de Vincennes.

From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012


From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012


From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012



The chateau is easy to visit from Paris as it is just in the suburbs.  I didn't get to go inside as it was closed but I'm sure it is worth the visit.

Beside the Chateau is the wonderful Parc Floral de Paris.  I highly recommend a visit to this botanical garden when in Paris.  It is definitely off the beaten path and seemed to be full of locals. Look at the cool sign in the middle of the forest!

From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012



From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012



From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012



From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012



From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012

People were sitting on the grass eating baguettes (it sounds cliché, but it is true) so I did the same.  I had a lovely time visiting this park.

After riding the Metro back into the center of Paris I went back to L'as du Fallafel because it was so good.  Brigitte told me about two houses that I needed to find in the Marais that are supposedly the two oldest houses in Paris, from the 14th century.  These houses are located at 13 Rue Francois Miron

From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012

Place de la Bastille

From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012




This is Port de l'Arsenal, also known as Bassin de l'Arsenal, which links the Canal St. Martin to the Seine River. These boats cruise along the Canal St. Martin--you can see they go underneath the Place de la Bastille in this photo

From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012



I got back on the Metro and rode Line 8 to Réublique and walked down Rue du Faubourg de Temple (which was a very diverse, interesting street) to Canal Saint-Martin

From France Day 4 - April 30, 2012



To see all my photos from day 4 click here.

No comments: