Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy 30th birthday Shana!

Today is Shana's 30th birthday! I have known Shana since we were 4 years old. We have spent so much time together. Every summer was spent at her house, all day. We have more memories than I can recall and for that I am so grateful!

Here we are at Girl Scout Camp. I believe we were 5 years old

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood



Shana with her cat, Frisky

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




Easter, 1993

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




Visiting Chattanooga, 1994

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




With Shana's cat, Tanner

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




In the photo booth at Wal-Mart in 6th Grade. Shana and I lived down the street from each other and we would walk to Wal-Mart every single day. We'd always eat at the snack bar and just walk around the store. That seems so weird now, but it was our life. When I walk into a Wal-Mart now I seriously feel at home! I feel like they all have the same smell.

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood





From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




One of the many times we ate at Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




At the City of Children in Ensenada, Mexico

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




Making cement blocks at the City of Children

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




Charlie's Angels

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




At our high school graduation in 1998

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




Shana always packed for me. In many ways she is like a mom to me. Here I am ready to leave for college and she packed my bags

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




Shan being devious in Europe

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




Believe it or not, the three of us all went to different colleges. Emily went to Harding University, Shana went to Lipscomb University and I went to Tennessee. Here I am visiting Shana at her dorm our freshman year

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album


Shana has been to LA to visit me so many times--of course everyone's first trip always includes the Hollywood Sign



From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




at my apt. in Malibu

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




At the Marin Headlands near San Francisco

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




At Emily's wedding

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




In Malibu

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




Shana lived in Hawaii for a summer so I could easliy go visit her. We went snorkling!

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album





One of Shana's favorite places in LA--Diddy Riese!

From Shana, Emily and Liz childhood




At Crystal Cove State park in Orange County

From Shana's visit to California 2008




Shana LOVES In-n-Out! This is her "I'm eating In-Out, don't bother me" look

From Shana's visit to California 2008




Shana and Chris

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




Shana claims not to like dogs, but she likes Riley. She's even told me once that she missed him!!!

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




Shana always goes crazy at the Lakeshore store here in LA. I guess it's a teacher thing!

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




Shana and I went to Taylor Christian Camp for years when we were younger. I took her back there the month before she got married because we said when we were little that we wanted to be "married and buried" there. This is the creek where Shana was baptized.

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




And then this is me trying to push Shana in the creek, or is it the other way around?

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




Here we are playing "Wink". We played this game for hours and hours every night when we were younger at camp!

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




At the lodge at Taylor Christian Camp

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




Shana's wedding, December 16, 2006

From Shana's Bridesmaid Album




From Professional Pre-wedding pictures and wedding ceremony pictures



Shana is now a mom!

From Margaret Danielle Edinger





6 comments:

Shana L. Edinger said...

Thanks for the tribute! I feel so blessed to grow up with such an amazing friend. You truly are and always will be a sister to me. Love ya!

Sunny said...

Happy birthday Shana! I really think that the bond that all of you share is truly special and unique! What a blessing to have known each other so long and to be so close!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Shana! Liz, I may have to start blogging just so I can do a b-day tribute for you. Soooo many memories...so many funny pics =)

Unknown said...

Oops, I'm logged in as Chad! Bet you would have figured out that wasn't him =)
Em

Walters Press said...

emily--i wish that i could somehow get that video of us singing Bohemian Rhapsody on here!

Shana L. Edinger said...

Me too! How about the Birtha B Joy show!